OpenPro’s Rapid Implementation Method
OpenPro – Quality focused on the solution
Introduction to ERP systems
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is an integrated set of programs that provides support for core organizational activities such as Manufacturing and Logistics, Finance and Accounting, Sales and Marketing, E-commerce, Payroll and Human Resources (HR). An ERP system helps the different parts of the organization share data and knowledge, reduce cost, and improve management of business processes.
In spite of their benefits, many ERP systems fail due to the implementation process. Many ERP systems face implementation difficulties because of improper implementation planning, interacting with the workers, and workers’ resistance to change and improper training. Professionals assert that effective implementation of ERP requires establishing five core competencies, among which is the use of change management (continuous improvement) strategies to promote the infusion of ERP in the workplace.
Although some studies tried to address this problem by identifying change management strategies that facilitate the success of ERP implementation, many ERP systems still face resistance, and ultimately, failure.
At OpenPro, we use our RIM (Rapid Implementation Method) strategy for successful implementation. We have converted customers (who were using a SAP system that took over 2 years to implement) and they were up and running with a new OpenPro ERP system within 3 months. Other customers have benefitted from our exclusive “ERP in a Day” process; you can enjoy the benefits of OpenPro ERP software from the first day of implementation.
OpenPro – ERP Implementation Strategies
OpenPro has worked for years to develop the RIM implementation strategy to speed up the install process of a new system.
Purpose of using the RIM Method
- To identify policy and procedure areas within the organization which will be affected by the OpenPro Applications
- To review the current business systems – current methods of doing business, the current systems that support those methods, problems experienced with existing methods, and systems and business or system opportunities to be addressed by the new system
- Create a GAP/Fit analysis list and implementation schedule that the client can work with
- Get complete support of upper and middle management
- Supporting documentation to be used as a reference throughout the analysis process
- Put in place continuous improvement strategy for longevity of the installed system
Based upon the customer’s requirements, budget and needs, OpenPro can provide services to help implement our system. OpenPro has 3 methods for the implementation and each use our simple 8 Step Process to ERP Implementation Success:
1. OpenPro Platinum Implementation: where OpenPro performs all the functions of implementation, including scoping the requirements, Gap-Fit Analysis, Analysis Design, Prototyping, Training, Procedure guides, Deployment, Integration and cut over into production, and Continuous Improvement. OpenPro has staff and over 75 Implementation Distributors available for a complete implementation of our software.
2. OpenPro Gold Implementation: where OpenPro works with the customer’s implementation team. OpenPro trains the team in the trainer method. OpenPro is the Project Manager or works closely with the Project Manager. We give the team the knowledge to implement an ERP software system successfully. We do initial training for the implementation team; this normally includes onsite training, then they take that knowledge transfer and begin the 8 Step Process to Implementation Success. The key advantage to this method is that it lowers the cost of implementation. The risks are based upon the implementation team that is built (using our managers reduces that risk), installation will be shorter than Silver Self and knowledge transfer will be more complete than Silver Self.
3. Silver Self Implementation: where OpenPro works with the customer’s implementation team. OpenPro is there to help support the customer’s implementation. We give the team the knowledge to implement OpenPro ERP software successfully. We give the materials to the implementation team, they then take that knowledge transfer and begin the 8 Step Process to Implementation Success. The key advantage to this method is that it lowers the cost of implementation. The risks are based upon the implementation team that is built, installation may take longer, knowledge transfer may not take as well.
OpenPro is there to provide its customers with optimal advice on how to effectively implement the application in their business.
OpenPro Import assist converts data from Quickbooks, SAP, Netsuite, Microsoft Business Solutions, Dynamics, Sage, Peachtree, Deskera, IQMS, Macola, RealWorld, Oracle Financials, SBT, Intacct, Global Shop, Deltek, Workbook, Passport, M1, Epicor, Plex, EasyErp, Infor, ERPNext, Expand, Expandable, Exact, IFS, Odoo, MiSys, IQMS, Inacct, E2, Syspro and many more custom systems.