Order Entry Module for Supply Chain Software
The Order Entry module is designed as a high volume and fast processing method for filling and shipping orders according to inventory availability. OpenPro is rules-based and has over 500 different options within the Order Entry process. OpenPro’s business rules let the customer change which processes are being used in the Order Entry module. These options are broken down into 8 major sections:
Order Entry SOAP XML interface and CSV Import interface: As part of this configuration, we have different systems we can talk to for processing orders. Here are some examples: Ebay orders integration, Amazon orders integration, Distribution Centers integration, Supplier integration (importing products, prices updates), as well as many open source shopping carts like Zen Cart, osCommerce, WordPress WooCommerce, and MarketPress. As part of the CSV and SOAP XML interface we also talk to many other systems.
Order Entry Auto Generated Purchase Orders and Work Orders: During order entry the system will auto generate DROP ship Purchase Orders for outside suppliers and will also generate the shipping labels if needed. The system also generates intercompany Purchase Orders, in case there is one division as sales and another division as fulfillment of the sales. For manufacturers, the system can generate Work Orders; if you have an outside plant, we can generate Work Orders for those plants as well (intercompany).
Purchase Management Punchout B2B shopping cart: OpenPro works with several punchout processes for companies. This punchout uses the OpenPro punchout shopping cart and interfaces with Ariba network, punchout2go, Eplus and others, to auto generate Sales Orders from the customer’s Purchase Order.
Sales Order Configuration: This is a very powerful option within the OpenPro system; during order entry you can have a base part (like a bike) as well as additional options on that part: different seat, color, handle bars, wheels, tires, fenders, brakes, etc. The OpenPro system can generate one part with multiple options, and those options go directly into the Work Orders to assemble and pack the order for shipment. As part of these options, the system generates a model number that is used for the Sales Order process; one part “the configured bike” in inventory can have hundreds of options but not clog up your system with multiple part numbers.
Portals and Communications: The OpenPro system is designed to have several portals for employees, customers and suppliers. These optional portals are used to help communicate with the other parties; in addition, they can log in to your ERP data and see the status of information you give them access to. The Communications module auto generates emails to parties to help communicate to them and give them the status of orders. For example, a customer can log in and see the status of the manufacturing Work Order. The customer can also log in and upload documents that link directly to the Sales Order for design purposes. Suppliers fill in RFQ for Purchase Orders.
EDI Processing of Orders: OpenPro works with several Ansi X12 EDI providers and VANS to both process Purchase Orders and Sales Orders within the system. These include auto invoicing 810 documents, 850 Purchase Order documents, advance ship notices and more.
Simple CSV Imports for Orders: OpenPro’s system is simple: we have CSV imports from Excel sheets for both Order Entry and Purchase Order processing.
Flexible Discounting and Pricing: OpenPro is easy to configure with over 30 different levels of pricing products. In addition, you can have discounts by line or by order for each order.
The OpenPro Order Entry module is designed as a high volume and quick processing method for filling and shipping orders according to inventory availability. It performs an extremely valuable function by providing a direct link with the Accounts Receivable and Inventory modules. On-line query of any account or data item field can be made to obtain information on the status of an order and whether a shipment is on hand, back ordered, or committed.
Order Entry and Inventory Control Features:
- Designed for high volume and a large number of products
- High speed order entry process
- Break out functions into entry of orders that can come from many different sources
- Built-in XML SOAP interface for importing orders
- Built-in warehousing for high volume picking and shipping of orders
- Processing credit card transactions
- Detail history of orders
- RMA processing for order returns
- Integrates with phone system so you know who is calling in before you pick up the phone
- Direct interface with General Ledger
- Complete tracking of all transactions from receiving through shipping
- Fully enabled RF management reduces errors
- Configurable Bill of Materials at order entry time for custom work
- Interface with FedEx and UPS systems reduces double entry
- JIT shipping processing
- Integrates with costing
- Complete history maintained
- Maintain and monitor inventory availability
- Active/Inactive status of items and customers
- EDI processing available
- Contract, standard, multi-level and promotional pricing available
- Robust item discounting and inventory volume pricing
- Effective data processing
- Customer and manufacturer rebate support available
- Extensive product description
- Pictures with each product
- On-line Available to Promise
- Customer part number, manufacturer part number cross reference
- Recurring orders
- Blanket orders
- Many user definable fields
- Media or marketing tracking available
- Quotes convert Sales Order to invoices
- Picking tickets with bar code printable
- Auto-generate Work Orders
- Auto-generate Purchase Orders with drop shipping
- Customer credit checking online
- Automatic maintenance and display of order status
- Release orders for invoicing
- Return authorization / credit management
- Rules-based engine
- Order acknowledgement
- Order inquiries display complete production, shipping, and invoicing. Tracking look up online for customer support.
- Direct interface to E-commerce cart
- Grouping of items by category
- Date and time stamp notes on items and transactions
- Drill down to the original document
- Send document by fax, email or printer
- Audit trail reporting
- E-commerce credit card processing
- Timely information improves accountability and cash flow
- Detailed and summary aged listing
- Supports standard, average, LIFO, FIFO and actual costing
- Unlimited Multi-Dimensional measure conversion
- Non-inventory and service items supported
- Product pictures attached to the items and technical drawings like Bill of Materials, routings
- Fully integrated with Bill of Materials, Purchasing, Order Entry, Production and General Ledger
- Multi-warehouse tracking
- Bin level control
- Flexible pricing
- Serialized, lot control and expire date controlled items
- Available to Promise
- Automatic Reorder logic
- Stock can be transferred between locations
- Integrates with Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP)